Saturday, October 6, 2012

September 23rd, 2012



DAJIA HAOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow...have I been in Taiwan for 6 weeks already?? How is this possible? It ISN'T!!!!!!!!!! The time seriously flies by, yet it feels like I have seen and done so much more than I would have in regular life in that amount of time. I'm loving Taiwan. This week I'm going to work on a new top 10 list in honor of the start of a new transfer (every 6 weeks is a new transfer but you don't always move around). I'm so glad I am staying in my first area for at least another 6 weeks. There is so much to do and so many people to talk to!!!!!!

The main thing I wanted to share with you this week is the tremendous experience I had on Saturday of having one of our investigators get baptized!!!! It was so incredible! She is a single woman.  She works in a factory. She is very humble. She actually met my companion on the road before I arrived here. That day my companion was doing a lot of contacting but wasn’t having much success. She and her companion at the time stopped and prayed that they could have the Spirit guide them. Right after that, they met this woman. They invited her to church.  She said she would come, but would not give them her phone number. She just kept saying "No no no I will come to church." Usually when that happens, people DON'T come to church.  You never see them again, and never have another chance to share this beautiful message and how it can help and bless their lives. My trainer and her companion kind of forgot about this woman, but lo and behold, she showed up at church the next Sunday! And that just so happened to be my very first Sunday in this area!!! I have been with this woman since the beginning of her journey. It has been so powerful for me to see her come unto Christ and develop her relationship with God. There were a couple of weeks when we didn't meet with her at all, and we were worried that she would stop meeting with us and stop progressing, but then everything kind of just fell into place.

She showed up early for her baptism and became increasingly delighted with the prospect of it all. She rode her tiny little bicycle (it really is ridiculously small...like the size a 6-year-old would ride) to the church in a skirt. She was blown away by how many people showed up to support her and was so grateful. The elders in our ward also had 2 investigators get baptized that same night, but she didn't seem to mind sharing the spotlight. After she was baptized, I asked her how she felt.  She said "comfortable". She was so happy and couldn't seem to stop smiling. As we walked back into the main room where everyone was waiting for her, she had a little bounce in her step and already seemed to literally be walking in a newness of life as she went to greet her brothers and sisters in Christ.

She shared her testimony which was very simple but so sweet and pure. I can't believe how miraculous it is that she found the missionaries....out of thousands of people and hundreds of streets she could have been on, they were at the same stoplight at the same time.  God had very clearly been preparing her to receive our message. My companion made cards for the people who got baptized so that everyone could sign the cards and wish them well. This sister was so surprised to see how many people wrote in her card and asked us if she could keep it. We told her she could and then she kissed it and held it to her heart! It was such a beautiful experience. She kept expressing that she hoped she could keep learning more and know as much as we did. I reassured her that I really didn't know that much, and that we all get to keep learning together.

She got confirmed the next day at church. Sometimes people don't show up for their confirmation which is a stressful experience but she was there early, and she brought me and my companion treats!!! Little sweet rolls from a bakery. Then she got to share her testimony again, and this time shared a scripture...she's going to be a great asset to this ward. It's so wonderful that she already has sure faith in God and a testimony of the Book of Mormon...that faith will really help her continue to grow and develop her own relationship with Heavenly Father.

Being able to see this woman's conversion to Christ from the first meeting to helping her get baptized and on the path of God and enduring to the end strengthened my testimony of the work I am doing. This gospel of Jesus Christ really does change lives. It can bring greater happiness and peace than we have ever known. I'm so blessed to be a part of it.

Dang it, that wasn't nearly as eloquent as I was hoping it would be...it never is I guess haha. Just one more thing I wanted to share from Elder David F. Evans in his April 2012 conference talk "Was It Worth It?" He talks about sharing the gospel with people and establishing the pattern of talking, rejoicing, preaching, prophesying, and writing of Christ in our homes. He says, "We can write of Christ by writing letters to those who are away. Missionaries serving, sons or daughters in the military, and those we love are all blessed by letters we write. Letters from home are not just quick emails. Real letters provide something tangible that can be held, thought about, and cherished." So for all of you who have forgotten me....it is not too late to repent and change your ways!!! :) I love you and miss you and am anxious to still be involved in your lives while simultaneously focusing on the work I am doing here. I think I can handle both ;)

Love always,
Ke JieMei
Sister Coco Mack!

No comments:

Post a Comment